Most people have gotten on board with the fact that using a clothes steamer is quicker and more efficient in removing wrinkles than dragging out an iron and ironing board. Space is precious at apartments near Woodbridge, NJ, and having a handheld steamer can make your life easier. But did you know that you can use it for more than clothing? A clothes steamer can come in handy when tidying up your New Jersey apartment. Here are some things you wouldn’t think you can clean with your steamer and tips on how to get the best results.
- Sanitizing countertops. It only makes sense that super-hot vapor would be great for sanitizing surfaces. Steam is said to kill 99.9% of bacteria, so use it to get the countertops in your kitchen and bathroom squeaky clean without chemicals!
- Removing grease. Hopefully you don’t have a ton of grease build up just laying around your Woodbridge, NJ, apartment, but there are some spots that just don’t get taken care of enough. Steam is a great way to clean caked-on food debris in ovens and microwaves! Just focus the steam directly on the trouble spot you’re trying to get rid of and voile – no more yuck with so much less scrubbing.
- Speaking of removing build up, your clothes steamer can make freshening up the grout in your tiles a breeze. Aim the steam at the grout in question and direct it along the lines. In no time, that gross build up will loosen and your bathroom or kitchen will look brand new!
- Freshening upholstery and textiles. When’s the last time you washed your curtains? Well, same. But no fear – steam to the rescue! You can use your handy clothes steamer to freshen up and sanitize upholstery and textiles giving them new life without a trip to the dry cleaner.
- Shower curtains and doors. Loosen up the gross grime in your shower with steam. No one likes cleaning the shower, so make it easier by using a clothes steamer. The best part? You’re cleaning and sanitizing at the same time without breathing in harsh fumes.
Who knew that apartments near Woodbridge, NJ, could benefit in so many ways from a simple steamer? Happy steaming!